CITATION EXPRESS is a SMS texting notification service, combined with different technologies, enabling Courts to facilitate a SMS text to a defendant’s smartphone. It’s through this text that a defendant is able to be provided due process through the smartphone. CITATION EXPRESS offers plea and payment options which include processing drivers safety courses and deferred disposition request as well as other tools and features that can assist with the processing of citations and warrants. CITATION EXPRESS was designed and developed to provide a socially positive service to communities that Courts and Law Enforcement agencies serve. CITATION EXPRESS is trademark registered.
CITATION EXPRESS has several benefits:
- First – It reduces warrants. By providing notifications, CITATION EXPRESS will reduce warrants. Reminders are sent until the citation goes to warrant as well as continued until taken care of.
- “Secondly, if officer pulls over someone and discovers they have an outstanding warrant that can be taken care of with a payment. Based on your Police Department’s policies and procedures, the officer, while staying in the police vehicle, can have dispatch facilitate a SMS text to the driver where they can take care of their warrant just as quickly as I showed you. The officer can then release the defendant. In fact, I can process a warrant faster than an officer can write a citation on Brazos. This eliminates the need to arrest the individual, tow their vehicle and continue to compound their current situation. This was developed to help responsible people who are having an irresponsible moment by not taking care of their citation for whatever reason. This also allows the officer to give the defendant an opportunity.”
- Reduction of current list of warrants by vetting phone numbers attached and start a SMS texting campaign, reminding defendants of something that has been out of sight and out of mind. So, someone who has a warrant in one city but lives in hours away in another, starts to receive a SMS text reminding them of an outstanding warrant.
- A convenience fee to the defendant is charged t cover the credit card cost and service while the Courts get 100% of their dollars.”
- Major reduction of Court Staff processing paper driver safety course applications and completion materials. This process can be handled by a couple click of the mouse.
- Elimination of requirements for defendants having to appear in Court reducing people in the Courthouse.